What is RX@Etersoft
RX@Etersoft is a suite of components for application server. Linux and Windows applications can be executed there while users work with the image at the workstations.
RX@Etersoft is a system based on NX protocol. It enables running remote sessions X11 even through network channels with low capacity. Different operating systems supported by RX@Etersoft client can be used to connect the server: Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and Windows.
is a desktop virtualization and application server component suite. It allows the seamless integration of GNU/Linux and Windows applications on a Linux host system. Based on NX technology, it is especially optimized for printing support and file resource sharing through low-bandwidth connections.
Advantages of RX@Etersoft in comparison with common Linux server connection
- Simplicity of administration
- Acceleration of applications which actively use network data transfer
- Safe remote Internet connection
- Connection with office equipment (printers, scanners, etc)
- Ability to connect from Linux and Windows as well
- Effective compression of the X traffic
- Mechanism of caching for the repeated use of data transmitted between server and client
- Acceleration of X calls
- «Lazy» coding algorithm for delayed screen update
Differences of RX@Etersoft as compared with FreeNX
- Fixed bugs: use of remote printers, network file resources and keyboard layout
- Possibility of working in the BOOTSTRAP mode running window manager by Xsession
- Changing of the default settings to reduce the time of decompression
- WINE@Etersoft compatibility
- Location of the files according to FHS